Tuesday, December 21, 2010

So Beautiful

We went to a program at school tonight. Lizzy didn't want to go, but once I told her she could wear one of her fancy Christmas dresses, she was ready to go. She picked the sparkly green Santa dress and a few beautiful necklaces. Here's our conversation as we were leaving the house:
 
Me: "Wow, Lizzy, you sure look nice."
Lizzy: "My know. My look beautiful. And you look fabulous."
Me: "Gee, thanks Lizzy. That's nice of you to say."
Lizzy: "For you know fabulous means old. And you are kinda old."

Then, as we were waiting for the program to start, Lizzy was visiting with a neighbor. Here's their conversation:

Tammy: "I like your dress, Lizzy."
Lizzy: "Thanks. My mom made me wear this dress."
Tammy: "Oh, well I like your necklaces too. Were those your mom's idea too?"
Lizzy: "Nope. That was all me."

No comments:

Post a Comment