Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Moving Out

We got to help our sweet godson, Cooper, celebrate his first birthday tonight. And of course, no party is complete without a Lizzy-ism...

Lizzy, Cooper's dad Kai, and the rest of the kids were playing outside. I could tell Lizzy and Kai were having quite the conversation. Here's what I overheard:

Lizzy: "Do you want me to live here?"
Kai: "Sure."
Lizzy: "Because I'm not whining."
Kai: "Jody, I guess we're taking Lizzy."
Me: "Sweet. I'll go pack her suitcase."


Innocent enough, right?

Nope.

Lizzy did not want to leave. She couldn't understand why she had to leave her new house and her new family. Kai played along and told her after she took a bath and packed her suitcase she could come back.

She talked about that suitcase the whole five blocks home.

When we got home, she immediately got into the bathtub. After her bath, she disappeared for awhile. A few minutes later, she fell asleep on the couch. When I carried her to her bed, I discovered what she had been doing when she was "missing". She really, truly was packing her suitcase..... she had packed a couple of dresses into a basket that usually holds toys.


She is going to be pretty mad when she wakes up in her own bed tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment