Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Grocery Shopping

Lizzy has been dreaming of a "Chrissy and Lizzy" day all week.

Today, she got a little Chrissy time.

The two of them went grocery shopping.

I found this out when Chrissy posted this picture on Facebook (how did we spy on our daycare providers before there was Facebook and smartphones to check Facebook while working?):


I smiled when I saw this picture, because I knew Lizzy was in her glory having Chrissy all to herself. And I also smiled because I knew they were at "our" grocery store.

I asked if Lizzy introduced Chrissy to all her "friends" at the store - the free sample ladies and a couple of the checkers always get hugs when we're there. And if I ever go to the store alone, they ask where Lizzy is!

Turns out there were no hugs today, but on the way there Lizzy told Chrissy "we will probably see my mom here. She is always here."

And on the way out, Miss Lizzy recognized one of the workers.. andgave her a "good morning" and a big smile.

How can you not love this girl?

I especially love that Lizzy treats the people working at the grocery store like people, even as friends, not servants. So often we see people talk down to those who work at grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, etc. It makes me sad. Those people are just trying to earn a living, and provide for their families. They're no different than we are.

And I'm so proud of my four year old for "getting" this!

And, for the record, I actually would love to be the free sample lady at the grocery store. Handing out free samples of apples and grapes would be a super fun job!

No comments:

Post a Comment