Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Random Act of Kindness

Last Night:
Lizzy: "I need to get up early tomorrow to make coffee for Mrs. Hart."
Me: "Um, why?"
Lizzy: "I just want to do something nice for her. And I asked her all kinds of questions. She likes coffee. Starbucks coffee. Do we have Starbucks coffee? And I need to make a little gift tag to put on her coffee cup."
Me, thinking she would forget by morning: "Um.. ok."

This Morning:
Lizzy: "Ok, so where's the coffee and a cup? And can we make the tag pink?"
Me: "You're really going to do this?"
Lizzy: "Yes. She's a great teacher. I want to say thank you."
Me, bursting with pride: "You know, I think this is called a 'Random Act of Kindness'.. you're doing something nice without being asked."

Walking into School:
Lizzy, carrying Mrs. Hart's coffee: "I just feel so good about myself right now!"

Proud Mom moment. Just when I think I'm not teaching my kids anything, and that they don't listen, they prove me wrong. So fun to see Lizzy present the coffee to her teacher, apologize that we didn't have Starbucks coffee, but it's Hawaiian instead, and watching her beam with pride that her teacher was thankful. 

Life with Lizzy is good!

Making the coffee

Lizzy's note :)

She's so excited to surprise her teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment