Monday, March 28, 2011

Power Strugle

Lizzy doesn't like socks. She and I have been fighting about the need to wear socks for the past week. I've explained that while it's cold outside, she really needs to wear socks. She has explained to me that she hates socks and they are "itchy". When she does wear them, she wears them inside out, so none of the "itchy" strings bug her feet.

This was our conversation/argument this morning about socks:

Me: "Lizzy, you need to wear socks."
Lizzy: "Ugh. I don't like socks."
Me: "I know. But it's cold out. You have to wear socks."


At this point, Lizzy disappeared. When she came back, she had her rainboots on. I'm onto this trick. When she puts her boots on without being asked, it's because she's not wearing socks and she's trying to trick me.

Me: "Lizzy, let mesee your feet."
Lizzy: "See my feet? My have my boots on. My am ready to go."
Me: "Lizzy, I want to see your feet. I think you're lying about putting your socks on."
Lizzy: "Ugh. My not lying."
Me: "Lizzy, let me see your feet, or I'll take the tv away for seven days."
Lizzy: "That's ok. My don't want to watch tv for seven days anyway."

End fo discussion. She is wearing socks (inside out) and she will not be watching tv for seven days.

No comments:

Post a Comment