Thursday, October 31, 2013

Future Day

Instead of celebrating Halloween at Lizzy's school, they have "future day".. yet another new thing we get to experience this year! So basically instead of wearing their Halloween costumes (which can be scary and inappropriate) kids dress up like what they want to be in the future. Some ideas that were suggested: principal, doctor, teacher, baseball player.

Lizzy thought long and hard about what to be and finally settled on a waitress. 

Big dreams (hey... I made some of the best money I've ever made when I waited tables in college!).

So I made her an apron and some Perkins notebooks. Lizzy made a tray full of food (taped onto a round cookie sheet -- totally her idea!). Then we went to Perkins to see if we could get any extra props. 

Lizzy: "Hi. My name is Lizzy. We're having future day at my school tomorrow and I want to be a waitress in the future so I was wondering if you had a tray or a name tag I could buy for my costume."

How could you resist that?!?! The manager was so sweet. She gave Lizzy two menus, a Perkins t-shirt, and even made her a real name tag!

I thanked her and said she'd be back in ten years for a job. The manager said, in a very serious voice, "she's hired!"

It is good to be Lizzy!

"Welcome to Perkins! My name is Lizzy and I'll be your waitress!"
Morgan is in training.
Authentic menus!
A good waitress is always prepared - Lizzy has
a pocket full of pens and straws!
Ready to take your order!
Lizzy's special!

No comments:

Post a Comment