Monday, November 14, 2011

Bedtime Nightmare, Part Two

I'm sitting in bed, with one eye on the football game and the other eye on the girls doorway. Morgan has been stacking blocks in front of the door for a few minutes. I should send her back to bed, but she's in her room at least. Lizzy has been quiet for awhile, so I assume she finally fell asleep.

I was wrong.

Lizzy pushes past Morgan and her block tower to come into my room.

Me: "What are you doing? You need to be in your bed."
Lizzy: "I'm coming to say I'm sorry."

Me: "I forgive you. But you do need to go to bed. We have to get up early tomorrow."
Lizzy, hugging me: "I know. But this is just a tough day."

Me: "What's tough about it?"
Lizzy: "It's just hard having this much family, especially Morgan."


Oh, they are going to be awesome as teenagers........

No comments:

Post a Comment