Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dressed for Success

It's been years since I've seen Lexi in a dress (which is funny, because when she was Lizzy's age, all she wore was dresses). Anyway, I talked her into buying a nice outfit to wear to church tonight. She ended up with a skirt, t-shirt, flowy vest-things and new sparkly flip flops. It was fun shopping with her, but I was sure she would chicken out and beg to wear jeans to church.

I was wrong.

She spent about an hour getting ready, and even curled her hair. She came upstairs looking for a bobby pin and grumbled "Ugh. I look like a girl. I hate this outfit."

I assured her she looked beautiful (she did... check out the picture.....she was NOT happy I was taking a picture of her wearing a skirt!) And in case my compliments weren't enough, Lizzy offered her own:

"Wow Lexi. You look like a teacher. Or a teenager! My love your skirt!"

That at least made her smile, but I'm pretty sure she'll never wear that outfit again. There's just something about sweats and t-shirts....

No comments:

Post a Comment