Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Lizzy-isms

We went to the Easter Vigil tonight. It's a beautiful service, but very long. We were nervous about taking the little girls, but decided to try it.

We should have found a sitter. Lizzy was in rare form. I'm not sure if it was the 9pm start, the excitement of sitting with the Klaudts, or the fact that the lights were off for the first half of the mass, or a combination of all three things that had her so riled up. Anyway, while she was totally distracting and caused me to miss the entre homily, it did provide for some classic Lizzy-isms....

Lizzy-ism #1:
Lexi got new sparkly flip flops today. Lizzy did not (because Lizzy just got three new pairs of shoes a couple of weeks ago). I should know better. As we were getting dressed for church, Lizzy had a minor melt down, because she didn't have any "beautiful" shoes to wear. I told her it was too late to go shopping, so she'd have to just wear an old pair. After much digging, she found a sparkly, beautiful pair of Minnie Mouse shoes. I'm so over arguing about fashion with her. She wore these beautes to church:


Lizzy-ism #2:
Lizzy had a beautiful new pink dress for mass. It was a cute dress, but pretty basic... just a knit dress with a couple of ruffles. No sparkles. She loved it, until she saw the beautiful, sparkly dress Jorja was wearing. Then jealousy kicked in. She ran to the corner and cried. After about five minutes of consoling her, she finally admitted why she was crying:
"Jorja looks so beautiful. My just have a boring dress. No one will think I'm beautiful when they see Jorja."
Memo to self: Next Easter, spend the extra $5 and buy the sparkly dress for Lizzy.


Lizzy-ism #3:
Me: "Lizzy, you should use your whispering voice. We're in church."
Lizzy (loudly): "My can't. For if my use my whispering voice, no one will hear me!"

Lizzy-ism #4:
I spent much of the mass "shhh-ing" Lizzy, with my finger to my lips and everything. Towards the end of the mass, I leaned forward and whispered something to Jesse. Lizzy promptly looked up at me and "shhhh-ed" me... with her fingers to her lips and everything!!

Lizzy-ism #5:
After mass, Lizzy and I were snuggling in the rocking chair and re-capping our day. As we talked about how the Easter Bunny will come after she goes to sleep, Lizzy got a very concerned look on her face and exclaimed:
"I bet the Easter Bunny will be tired of hopping by the time he gets to our house."

There are more but  I'm too tired to remember all of them. I must go to bed so that poor Easter bunny can hop on over to our house. Check back tomorrow. In the meatime, happy Easter from Lizzy (and the rest of us too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment