Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tea Party

Last week Lizzy remembered she had a tea set. We've had lots of tea parties since then. One afternoon Morgan was napping and I had a ton of things I needed to get done, so I suggested she have a tea party with some of her stuffed animals. She chose Perry the Platypus and Agent P.


About 10 minutes into the tea party, I heard her moving around. I went into the kitchen, expecting to find a huge mess. Much to my surprise, I found the opposite. Lizzy had a rag and was busy scrubbing the counter, the chair, the floor, even Perry.

Me: "Lizzy, what are you doing?"
Lizzy: "My cleaning up. The tea party is over."
Me: "Wow. That's great that you're cleaning up."
Lizzy: "Well, Mom, that's what four year olds do. And soon my will be four. So my am just practicing."

I think I'm going to like having a four year old in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment