Monday, December 19, 2011

Autograph Session

Last week Lizzy asked me to delete all the Lizzy-isms.

You may remember, I asked for your help in convincing her to let me continue. Thanks for all the comments - I think I've got her blessing, for now anyway.

Lizzy and I had a nice conversation about how famous she is, how much people enjoy reading about her, and how she makes people smile. One comment made a very big impression on her:

Dawn Kopp wrote: "I love them! She is very wise...please don't delete them. Plus, she's famous. Maybe that will help. Maybe, you could stage a meeting with one of her fans who ask for her autograph. I'd love Lizzy's autograph!"

I read this to Lizzy, and she got very excited.
Lizzy: "What? You mean I have a fan? Like Hannah Montana? Wow."
Me: "Yep. I guess you do. Would you like to stop by her office and give her an autograph?"
Lizzy: "Sure. But what will my say?"

Me: "I don't know. Let's practice. Maybe something like 'Hi. I'm Lizzy."
Lizzy: "Ok. Like 'Hi. My name is Lizzy. My heard you wanted my autograph.'"
Me: "That would be perfect."

We drove downtown, surprised Dawn at her office, and then Lizzy's stage fright set in.

She didn't say a word.

But she did manage to give her autograph, and pose for a picture:
 
Autograph Session
 
The autograph!


Fan pictures... just like Hannah Montana!
Thanks Dawn, for being such a great sport!

And to all of you, thanks for helping me convince Lizzy the Lizzy-isms need to continue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment