Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

In honor of 10-10-10, here is a list of ten Lizzy-isms from the past few days:

  1. Lizzy wore two different shoes to church today, and no one even noticed until we were sitting down in the pew. She wore one blue flip flop and one pink one. Sheena bought her a package of three pairs of socks and gave them to her during mass. Lizzy had to try them on....she layered sock after sock onto her foot, until she was wearing all three pairs. A few people asked if her feet were hot. She didn't answer, but gave them a strange look.
  2. We have a neighbor who loves Halloween, and during the entire month of October, he scares people. Jake and I saw him outside tonight and convinced him to come over and scare Brad. It took some quick thinking, but we got him. As we were all standing outside and laughing about seeing Brad so scared, Lizzy pipes in : "Nice one!"
  3. I had a Diet Coke this afternoon and Lizzy knew it. I should know better than to drink pop in front of her, because she always asks for a drink.  I was doing good at ignoring her pleas this time, until she exclaimed "My really, really thirsty. My might die. Please my have a drink of your pop?"
  4. Lizzy fell asleep early last night, but woke up at about 11:00. She heard Lexi and her friends downstairs, so she sleepwalked down to talk to them. She didn't make any sense, and the girls say they knew she was sleepwalking and sleeptalking, because she was talking quietly.
  5. We were shopping at Wal-Mart today and got all the way to the check out line before Lizzy asked for anything. I said no, but she insisted she needed bubble gum. "Please Mom. My been super really good." She even added the puppy dog eyes. Yup, I bought the bubble gum.
  6. Jake and his buddy were playing on the trampoline. Lizzy begged to play with them but the boys said no. She replied "Ok. Maybe my just go tell Mom you the worst brother ever" and stomped off like a "drunk gypsy" (Jake's words, not mine!)
  7. Lizzy inheirted some new winter coats from Lexi's friend Taylor and her sister. I asked her if I should wash them. Lizzy said "No thanks. My like them. They smell like Taylor Miller." Today, she put one of those coats on and reminded us it smelled like Taylor Miller.
  8. Lizzy would really like to go to the farm and "shoot sparrows with Jakey's b-b gun." When asked how she knew the birds were called sparrows, she replied "My know stuff." 
  9. It's a family tradition to go out for lunch after church on Sundays. Our current favorite place is Buffalo Wild Wings, because kids' meals are $1.99, and kids 12 and under can order off the kids' menu, which means it's a cheap meal! Lizzy gets a little confused everytime we say we're going to "B-dubs"... she now calls Buffalo Wild Wings "Apple-be-dubs".. a combo of Applebees and BWW, obviously.
  10. Today, at "Apple-be-dubs", Lizzy had to go potty. I took her to the bathroom, but of course she wouldn't let me in the stall with her. I heard her lock the door, and this was the conversation that followed:
Lizzy: "Try to get in here, Mom."
Me: "No thanks. I'm ok out here."
Lizzy: "You can't get in anyway. Ha ha. My locked it. Ha."

What made this all even funnier, was that there was a lady standing at the sink during this conversation. I've never seen someone try so hard to fight back laughter.

Now, my sweet Lizzy has finally crashed for the day. She even sleeps with style, on my bed, of course. She is recharging, getting ready for another day full of Lizzy-isms. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment