Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Treat

I hate McDonalds. Honestly, other than the apple pie and diet coke, there's not much on the menu I like. So, I never take my kids there. But today, I caved.

I have the day off and am spending it bonding with Lizzy and Morgan. So far we've been to the Y, watched cartoons, and played toys. As we were driving home from the Y I realized I had no lunch ideas, and as much as I hate McDonalds, I am equally as sick of cooking. So I asked Lizzy if she'd been good. She said yes, so I said we'd get McDonalds. She was so excited, and immediately declared she would be good all the time, so she  could have McDonalds all the time. I explained why that isn't a good idea, and how things like McDonalds should be a "once in awhile treat"... it's too expensive and it will make you fat. Here's the conversation that followed that explanation:

Lizzy: "But my want to be fat like you Mom."
Me: "No, you don't want to be fat, Lizzy."
Lizzy: "Yes my do. For my love you, and you chubby Mom."

Point taken. Time to get serious about this weight-loss business. Maybe I will make a second trip to the Y today....

1 comment: