Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treat


Like most kids, Lizzy was pretty excited to go trick or treating tonight. She put her costume on just as I instructed, and even wore socks, like I asked (socks are her least favorite item of clothing). I also asked her to wear tennis shoes, so she could walk a long way and get lots of candy. Instead, she chose these blue high heels from the thrift store.

I tried to get her to change into something more practical. But, she refused. Her reasoning: "But, Mom, it's Halloween. For my have to wear fancy shoes."

She made it about halfway around the block before taking them off and walking in her stocking feet. I went home and got her snow boots, which she was happy to put on. I think her toes may have been a little cold!

She did great trick or treating, but had more fun at home, handing out and eating candy. I have no idea how much candy she ate. I was actually thinking she may be up all night. But, I guess it's true...what goes up, must come down. She is crashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment