Friday, October 15, 2010

TGIF!

What a day! We've been so busy, I haven't even had time to update the Lizzy-isms yet today! Without further ado, here are just a few of today's Lizzy-isms:
  • "Mom, something my have to tell you. If you need me, my will be rollerskating." This came out of absolutely nowhere. Lizzy does not own rollerskates. No one in our family rollerskates. I have no idea what she was talking about.
  • Lizzy overheard me talking on the phone with the flute repair man. When I hung up, she asked me what I was talking about. I told her Lexi's flute was now fixed. She didn't understand, no matter how I explained it. Finally, after about five minutes of explaining, she exclaimed, "Oh! Now my gotcha!"
  • We had spaghetti and peas for supper tonight. Lizzy was strangely quiet. I should have known she was up to something. Next thing I knew, she had a pea shoved up her nose. If that's not bad enough, she did a farmer blow to get it out of her nose.. and it flew across the table. Even worse... we had company for supper (just Lexi's friend Taylor, but still company). Still worse, Jake copied her and put two peas in his nose. I'm happy to report there were no trips to the ER. All peas were removed safely.
  • Lizzy bought a harmonica (ok, I bought it for her. Not my smartest move, but I didnt think it was worth making a scene over a $2.49 toy that will soon be "lost"). She dropped it as she got into the van. Apparently "harmonica" is a difficult word to say. Here was our conversation:
 Lizzy: "Mom, get me my musicdoodydo."
  Me: "Get your what?"
Lizzy (pointing at her harmonica): "My... that!"


No comments:

Post a Comment